This creamy, colorful dish is quick to make and full of skin-beautifying antioxidants like vitamin C from zucchini and tomatoes, polyphenols from cabbage, carotenoids from basil and vitamin E from avocado oil. The high level of fiber in the pistachios also promotes a healthy complexion.
Serves 2 in 15 minutes
2 green zucchinis
1 cup pistachios
4 cups of basil leaves
1. Soak your nuts in filtered water while preparing the other ingredients drain and then rinse.
2. Cut ends off zucchinis and slice zucchini into linguini style strips with a peeler.
3. In a blender or food processor add basil, pistachios and ¼ teaspoon sea salt then mix. Start adding avocado oil and blend until smooth. Add sea salt to taste.
4. Mix pesto with zucchini pasta and top over thin strips of purple cabbage
5. Finally top with tomatoes, minced chives and season with sea salt and pepper